There are many ways to manage bladder control problems. Remember, if conservative treatments don’t deliver the results you need, you have more options.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of bladder control problems, it’s time to meet with a bladder control specialist. Your doctor may ask you to fill out a symptom diary to get a better idea of your daily experience and confirm your diagnosis.
Symptoms of Overactive Bladder (OAB) Include:
- Going before you reach the bathroom
- Experiencing frequent urine leakage
- Using pads or protective garments
- The frequent, uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Going to the bathroom more than 8 times a day
- Feeling like your bladder is never empty
Urinary Retention Symptoms Include:
- Can’t tell if your bladder is full
- Holding increasingly large amounts of urine
- Weak or dribbling stream
- Needing to use a catheter
Medtronic InterStim Therapy
If both lifestyle changes and medications fail to improve bladder control, there are non-medication treatment options to consider.
MEDTRONIC BLADDER CONTROL THERAPY DELIVERED BY THE INTERSTIMTM SYSTEM
If you’re ready to try an advanced approach, Medtronic InterStim™ therapy in Omaha can help. Medtronic InterStim™ therapy targets the nerves that control your bladder to help it function normally again.
- Try it during an evaluation
- Proven long-term relief3,4
- Resources and support available
Implanting an InterStim™ system has risks similar to any surgical procedure, including swelling, bruising, bleeding, and infection. Talk with your urologist about ways to minimize the risks and side effects of Medtronic InterStim™ therapy. Complications can occur with the evaluation, including the movement of the wire, technical problems with the device, and some temporary pain.
Your doctor or nurse will provide you with the information regarding how to operate the test device, and inform you of other precautions related to the evaluation and activity restrictions.
MEDTRONIC BLADDER CONTROL THERAPY DELIVERED BY THE NUROTM SYSTEM
Medtronic bladder control therapy delivered by the NURO™ system targets the tibial nerve to help you regain control of your bladder. By restoring* bladder function, this therapy puts you on a path to fewer trips to the bathroom, fewer pads per day, and doing more of the activities you enjoy.6,7
- The convenience of in-office treatment
- Proven to restore bladder function
- Resources and support available
The most common side effects of Medtronic bladder control therapy are temporary and include mild pain or skin inflammation at or near the stimulation site. The NURO™ system does not treat symptoms of urinary retention.
Injected medications can temporarily treat overactive bladder (OAB) but may raise other concerns.
- Must be repeated every 3-6 months
- Potentially requires self-catheterization8
- Increases the risk of bladder infection due to self-catheterization
WHY ARE MEDTRONIC THERAPIES DIFFERENT?
COMMUNICATION IS CRITICAL
Evidence suggests that breakdowns in the bladder-brain communication pathway are the root cause of overactive bladder (OAB) and non-obstructive urinary retention.1-3 While more conservative therapies focus on the bladder muscles, Medtronic therapies target the nerves, which helps restore normal bladder function.
The Relief You've Been Waiting For
When lifestyle changes and medications fail, Medtronic bladder control therapy delivered by the InterStim™ systems can help. Medtronic bladder control therapy is simple and discreet, and it delivers the kind of relief that lets you enjoy the activities you love without a second thought.
Advantages of Medtronic Bladder Control Therapy
- Targets the nerves that control your bladder to help it function normally again
- 85% of people using the InterStim™ system achieved success in the ﬁrst year†,4
- 3X greater improvements in quality of life compared to medications6
- Lets you see if it works before you and your doctor decide
- Allows you to get full-body MRI scans if you need them‡
- Hundreds of thousands of people have experienced relief with this safe, FDA-approved, and minimally invasive therapy
The Choice Is Yours
Medtronic bladder control therapy delivered by the InterStim™ systems oﬀers recharge-free and rechargeable options, so you can choose the right one for your lifestyle.
- The recharge-free InterStim™ II system may be best for most people because it’s simple, convenient, and low maintenance.
- The rechargeable InterStim™ Microsystem is smaller, lasts longer, and requires regular recharging sessions.
Talking about bladder control problems can be difficult, but the Omaha urology experts at Adult & Pediatric Urology can help! Contact us today to see if Medtronic InterStim™ therapy in Omaha is right for you.