About Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive Bladder (OAB) affects millions of women of all ages. It can impact nearly every aspect of daily life, from work performance, to family life, to social interactions. OAB symptoms vary from person to person, but often include:
- Urgency – An abnormal or sudden need to pass urine that is very hard or impossible to ignore
- Leakage – Accidentally leaking urine immediately following or during an urgency episode
- Frequency – Urinating 8 or more times over a 24-hour period
What causes OAB?
When the bladder system is working properly, nerves in the bladder sense that the bladder is getting full, telling you it’s time to urinate. However, in people with OAB, these sensing nerves in the bladder are overactive, telling you it’s time to urinate before your bladder is full. Your bladder muscle follows by contracting too early, causing the bladder to empty before it should.
What is the Silensa System?
The Silensa System is an investigational device designed to target overactive bladder nerves through a minimally-invasive, outpatient procedure. The Silensa procedure is performed using a cystoscope – a thin tube with a camera that is inserted into the urethra. It is attached to the cystoscope, and positioned inside the bladder.
Once in place, the Silensa System delivers radiofrequency (heat) energy to disrupt the overactive bladder nerves. The Silensa System is intended for women who are either not a candidate for OAB medications, or have not had lasting success with medications.
The TRANSFORM Trial
The Silensa System is currently being offered at Adult Pediatric Urology and Urogynecology in Omaha, NE through a new clinical research study – the TRANSFORM Trial.
If you qualify and choose to join the study, you may receive the Silensa procedure and all study-related care at no cost. As a participant in the TRANSFORM Trial you will be asked to meet with your study doctor approximately 7 times over a 1-year period. These visits are an important part of the study, as they allow your study doctor to closely monitor your OAB condition and overall experiences.
Take the Next Step
If you’re living with Overactive Bladder (OAB) and haven’t had lasting success with medications, you may qualify for the TRANSFORM Trial. The study is for the Silensa™ System - an investigational device designed to reduce urinary leakage and improve bladder function.
Select Eligibility Criteria
- History of OAB symptoms for at least 6 months
- Not currently pregnant, or planning a pregnancy within the next 2 years
- Not a candidate for OAB medications, or have not had lasting success with medications
- Able to visit Adult Pediatric Urology and Urogynecology, in Omaha, NE approximately 7 times over a 1-year period
To learn more, please visit